What is therapeutic massage?
Our Therapeutic Massage is a combination of hot and cold stones, deep tissue, Swedish and aromatherapy techniques tailored to suit you.
How can therapeutic massage help me?
Many of our clients have regular physiotherapy and have found that having therapeutic massage helps to promote quicker recovery and relaxes the body from the intensity of physiotherapy treatment.
Our therapeutic massage is known to help alleviate pain and stress as well as aiding recovery from injury and illness, including:
- Chronic pain, arthritis, stiff back, neck and shoulder, osteoarthritis pain, fibromyalgia, muscle tension or spasm
- Alleviation of swelling, promoting freedom and flexibility in joints, recovery from injuries (e.g. whiplash, falls, sports injury)
- Repetitive strain injury, such as carpal tunnel syndrome, postural problems
- Increasing lymph function, releasing toxins
- Complementary treatment of other disorders including MS, insomnia and depression
Why do you use stones?
Depending on your therapeutic needs we use either hot or cold stones or no stones at all:
- Cold stones are effective for helping to heal and relax pain or spasms deep in your muscle tissue
- Hot stones are relaxing and healing: they are used more often to support physiotherapy
- Aromatherapy massage without stones is also offered where (even) gentler treatment is required.